Please join us for Minnesota’s first-ever Broadband Day on the Hill. Your participation is vital. This is your chance to meet directly with legislators, share your stories about the importance of broadband to economic vitality and quality of life – especially in rural areas – and address the need for broadband investments.
We are planning a full day of activities to ensure that you will feel confident and well prepared to meet your representatives, satisfied that your time and energy were well spent, more connected with fellow advocates, and inspired to keep working. The Coalition will help arrange individual visits with your legislators.
Sorry – registration is closed. But you can show your support online!
State Office Building
100 Rev Dr Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard.
Room 500 N
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55155
March 15, 2017 (8:30 start – reception at 5:00)
Minnesota Broadband Coalition
Broadband Day on the Hill
March 15, 2017
Day at a Glance
- 8:30 Coffee w/Lt. Governor Smith, Governor’s Cabinet Room, State Capitol
- 9:00 Walk to State Office Building Room N 500
- 9:15 Broadband Issues Legislator Panel Representatives Layman, Garofalo, Baker, and Johnson, Senator Simonson, DEED Office of Broadband Development Director Danna MacKenzie. Moderated by Steve Kelley, Sr Fellow Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- 10:00 Press Conference
- Mark Erickson, Economic Development Authority Director, City of Winthrop,
- Joe Buttweiler, Partnership Development Manager, CTC;
- Marc Johnson, Executive Director, ECMECC;
- Chuck Novak, Mayor of Ely;
- Sophia Stading, 6th grader Mankato,
- Sammie Garrity, 6th grader from Lutsen. H
- Hosted by Steve Fenske, Minnesota Association of Townships.
- 10:20 Lobbying Orientation and Tips, Amanda Duerr, MMUA and team
- 11:00 Legislative Office Visits
- 12:00 Box lunches available and social media activity in Room 500 N
- 1:00 Senate Committee on Jobs and Economic Growth Finance and Policy, Rm 1150 Senate Office Building
- 3:00 House Committee on Job Growth and Energy Affordability Policy and Finance, Rm 10 State Office Building
- 5:00 Reception – Rathskeller Cafeteria Capitol Building
Broadband Day on the Hill participants are invited to join the MN Co-Op Day at the Capitol reception at the Best Western Capitol Ridge Plus (former Kelly Inn), March 15 from 4-7 pm. Light appetizers and a cash bar.