Your participation is vital. This is your chance to meet directly with legislators, share your stories about the importance of broadband to economic vitality and quality of life – especially in rural areas – and address the need for broadband investments.
We are planning a full day of activities to ensure that you will feel confident and well prepared to meet your representatives, satisfied that your time and energy were well spent, more connected with fellow advocates, and inspired to keep working.
Click here to register. The fee is $25 per person.
April 3, 2019
Minnesota State Capitol – L’Etoile du Nord Vault
(Room B15 – in the basement)
- 8:15am – 8:45am Registration, networking, refreshments
- 8:45 am Welcome, Legislative Update
- 9:00am Governor Tim Walz (Invited)
- 9:15am DEED Commissioner Steve Grove
- 9:30am-11:00am Legislative Leadership – Invited
We are excited to have scheduled House and Senate leadership to join us!
Schedule will be fluid depending on the day’s legislative schedule
- House Speaker Melissa Hortman
- House Minority Leader Kurt Daudt
- Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka
- Senate Minority Leader Tom Bakk
- HF 7/SF 9 Authors Rep. Rob Ecklund and Sen. Mark Koran
- 11:00am-11:30am Optional: Advocacy Tips and Q&A with the Office of Broadband
- 11:00am Legislative Meetings in MN Senate Bldg and State Office Bldg
- 12:00-1:00pm Box lunches available in L’Etoile du Nord Vault
- 2:00pm Coffee and refreshments Wrap-Up in L’Etoile du Nord Vault
We have reserved a block of 25 rooms for the night of April 2, 2019, at the discounted government rate. RESERVE YOUR ROOM BY FRIDAY, MARCH 15, to receive the group rate.
To book your room call: 651-227-8711
Best Western Capitol Ridge (formerly the Kelly Inn)
161 St. Anthony Ave
St. Paul, MN 55103
Group Code: MNAPR2
How to Schedule Your Meetings With Legislators
Use the following link to access our easy guide on How to Schedule Your Meetings With Legislators.
If you have any questions, concerns, or need help scheduling your legislator meetings, please contact Nathan Zacharias.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are scheduling your own meetings, make sure to do so at the time you register for the Day on the Hill. Legislators’ schedules fill up quickly. If you don’t schedule far enough in advance, it will be difficult to get a meeting.