The MN BB Coalition is an informal group of organizations and individuals who have come together to advocate for the broadband vision created in the fall of 2015 at a Border to Border Broadband: Better Together conference hosted by Blandin Foundation and the MN Office of Broadband Development.
Everyone in Minnesota will be able to use convenient, affordable world-class broadband networks that enable us to survive and thrive in our communities and across the globe.
Since then, the list of organizations endorsing the vision continues to gain momentum across the state. The coalition seeks to encourage and enable aligned action in support of the broadband vision. The purpose of this website is to provide educational and information resources to help broadband advocates raise the understanding and awareness of their elected representatives of the need for, and impact of, access to worldclass broadband networks for all Minnesotans.
Our Goals for 2017 Legislature
- Fund the Fund! (Continued Border to Border Broadband funds)
- Fund the Office of Broadband Development.
- Understand the implications and applications of technology
How can you help?
- Contact your representative and tell them you support broadband funding for grants and the Office of Broadband Development. (Need help? Try the Citizen’s Guide to Effectively Engaging Minnesota Lawmakers.)
- Tell your friends and colleagues to do the same!
- Help educate yourself and legislators. Broadband policy is hard; understanding it better will help us all make smarter decisions. We have some tools to help you!